Mr Lam Chee Weng will be appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Singapore Pools (Private) Limited with effect from 1 May 2019, succeeding Mr Seah Chin Siong who is joining the Singapore Institute of Management after leading Singapore Pools for over four years.
Mr Lam Chee Weng
2. Mr Lam has held the post of Chief Financial Officer at Singapore Pools since 1 June 2017. In his new role as CEO, Mr Lam will lead
Singapore Pools into the next phase of development, balancing the demands of a dynamic business environment and to ensure that
Singapore Pools continues to be sustainable in its operations for the generation of funds in support of social and charitable causes.
3. As CFO of Singapore Pools, Mr Lam manages a portfolio of eight departments with responsibilities spanning finance, procurement,
prizes, product and draw operations, in addition to legal and company secretariat, facilities and security. He was also an integral member of the organisation's transformation journey and was instrumental in the incorporation of iShine Cloud, a not-for-profit charity established
by Singapore Pools to help charities embark on their digitisation journey.
4. Prior to Singapore Pools, Mr Lam was the CFO of local homegrown wellness company Eu Yan Sang. He has over 25 years of broad ranging experience across various industries and public practices in MNCs, Public Listed and Non-Profit Organisations. He is a CFA Charter holder and a qualified Chartered Accountant.
5. Said Mr Koh Choon Hui, Chairman Singapore Pools, "Chee Weng is a highly qualified professional with the right experience and expertise to bring Singapore Pools forward in our next phase. The Board and I are confident that Chee Weng is the right man, with his heart in the right place to navigate the Organisation through a volatile business environment and yet not lose sight of the pragmatic reason of Singapore Pools' existence – to provide a safe and trusted environment to counter illegal gambling in order to advance capital for
purpose in support of social good."
6. Singapore Pools welcomes Mr Lam Chee Weng and expresses our well-wishes and deep appreciation to Mr Seah Chin Siong for his contributions to Singapore Pools.
About Singapore Pools
The government established Singapore Pools on 23 May 1968 to provide safe and trusted betting to counter illegal gambling. As a not-for-profit organisation, all of Singapore Pools' surplus is channeled to Tote Board to fund a wide range of causes in social service, community development, sports, the arts, education and health sectors. Currently, Singapore Pools contributes about $2 billion annually to the Government in the form of taxes and duties, and for the funding of good causes.
To ensure our responsible gaming practices are benchmarked to international standards, we adopt the World Lottery Association's Responsible Gaming Framework and received the highest level of certification (Level 4) in 2012 and gained re-certification in 2015.
View PDF for Press Release
For media enquiries, please contact:
Ms Clarissa Ho
Manager, Corporate Communications
DID: 6216 8729
Mr Chin Sau Ho
Director, Community Partnerships & Communications
DID: 6216 8716