1. Always thinking or talking about gambling.
2. Finding it difficult to stop, control or reduce gambling activities or feeling irritable when attempting to do so.
3. Gambling more to chase losses or get out of financial trouble.
4. Spending beyond one’s means on gambling.
5. Feeling lost or a sense of emptiness when not gambling.
If you suspect you or a loved one may have a gambling problem, take a
short online test to assess your risk profile.
Problem gambling can have a variety of negative impacts/risks on the individual, as well as his family and friends, including:
1. Mental health problems – depression, anxiety, reduced self-worth, suicidal thoughts, increased alcohol or drug use, etc.
2. Physical health problems – insomnia, headaches, back or neck pain, stomach upset, etc.
3. Social problems – arguments, strained relationships, alienation, separation, divorce, physical or mental abuse, etc.
4. Financial problems – loss of income, inability to pay bills, increased debt, bankruptcy, etc.
5. Verbal and physical abuse – which can lead to arguments, strained relationships, alienation, separation, divorce, loneliness and isolation.
Customers who wish to seek additional help on problem gambling are encouraged to contact the National Problem Gambling Helpline at 1800-6-668-668. Click
here for the Live Support Online webchat service.
We have Responsible Gaming Ambassadors in our Livewire live betting venues to help watch out for signs of problem gambling. These trained professionals look out for customers who might require some reminders not to play beyond their means. Click
here to read an interview with one of our Responsible Gaming ambassadors.
Customers who wish to talk to an Responsible Gaming Ambassador can contact Customer Service at (65) 6786 6688. We can put him/her in touch with one of our Responsible Gaming Ambassadors and/or refer him/her to help agencies.